White Collar Crime Attorneys in Michigan
The term white collar crime applies to numerous criminal offenses related to finances and illegal gain. White collar crimes are nonviolent by nature, but they can carry serious penalties like jail and prison sentences and large fines. For this reason, it is important to consult an experienced defense attorney as soon as possible if you or a loved one has been charged with a white collar offense.
At the Law Offices of Harris & Literski, our attorneys have been defending clients against serious criminal charges in Michigan for more than 30 years. With extensive experience in Livingston County courts, we can defend you vigorously against accusations of:
- Employee theft and embezzlement, which can involve taking or stealing money or company property from an employer. Sometimes these charges are filed based on alleged accounting problems or on expense reporting that an employee believed was legitimate.
- Check fraud and bad check charges, which can include the deliberate writing of checks with insufficient funds (NSF) in an account
- Bankruptcy Fraud
- Forgery, which can involve various improprieties with signatures and documents. Some forgery charges originate in family feuds and probate-related matters.
- Credit card fraud, which can relate to the use of a stolen, unauthorized or illegally obtained credit card for any number of purposes
- Identity theft, which involves the unauthorized use of another person’s information, such as a Social Security number
- Illegal activity by elected and public officials
Every white collar charge is different, so every defense strategy our firm develops will be unique. As your lawyers, our goal will always be to reduce your exposure to jail time and other serious penalties.
Contact The Firm’s Brighton White Collar Attorneys
At the Law Offices of Harris & Literski, we can defend you against any white collar charge, regardless of the apparent seriousness. Contact us for a free consultation with an experienced Michigan criminal defense attorney.